Underneath it all

Underneath it all

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Thing 14

Bubbl.us is a website for mind-maping, with most of the tools available simply by touching the cooresponding bubble. When I first attempted to create a new sheet, I was unsure if whether I had discovered all the tools I needed. So I went to the help section to follow closely to thier example sheet. There, is where I realized I did discover all the tools that I would need to expand a bubble, create a pair bubble, create more than one child bubble and to delete extras. I'm sure I could use this tool: having students set up their own sheet that provides a chart of multiples, divisors, and factors of a range of vavariables. I was hoping that I could place images in the bubbles, but unfortunately it doesn't. Having this neat feature, my students would be able to explore and express their creativity, while reaching the goal of automaticity and advancing learning. One way to overcome not having the options to change the background is to allow the chart to be transferred to a separate document. Flowchart.com has a lot of symbol templates to choose from; however, it is was a struggle for them to appear when the chart itself would not appear. I attributed the inability to select the templates due to incompatible of software on my pc. Once I opened the app on a mac, I had no problems until it came time to place text within the document. The text would either dissapear once I finished or a symbol would be duplicated in the process. I'm sure I sould use this in my class room just like with the mind maps, but I don't see ..

No comments:

Post a Comment