Underneath it all

Underneath it all

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Thing 1

  Viewing problems as a challenge is easy for me to do; after all, challenges are a reality, so why not master them to minimize fear and uncertainty while building self-efficacy.  Approaching challenges has extrinsic and intrinsic (internal/external) values that follow .  Using technology to my advantage however,  has been overwhelming at times.  Being diagnosed with ADD, I often find myself easily distracting.  I get lost  figuring out the technology by itself, let alone making it applicable to my needs. As a result my behavior and attitude towards technology is negatively reinforced by avoiding it or limiting myself  in the knowledge I have surrounding it.

What I hope to gain from web 2.0 is the ability to gain and master all 7 and 1/2 habits of a lifelong learner.  If I can learn how to utilize technology to my advantage, the connection I would have to communicate with other learners would be endless.  I would be able to improvise and overcome the lack of real life experience I might not have had.  My job will be to teach, but my passion is to be a mentor.  A mentor, people tend to place them on the same a level with heroes: as if they are born that way.  As a result more people today are in need of them. Sharing with kids the very tools I find liberating yet empowering has the power to make kids see them selves as a force to be reckon with; furthermore a valuable asset to this nation.  I could go down the list of the habits to further demonstrate my point but I believe you get the idea.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a positive outlook and something that is highly necessary in education. The way you see your ADD as an everyday reality that you must overcome and the fact that you still constantly strive to follow your passion will serve as a great example to your students.

    ReplyDelete