Underneath it all

Underneath it all

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Thing 10

Using RSS along with Google Reader was a great experience for me as it allowed me to view webpages, and blogs of my interest all in the same place.  It will not only keep me focused by placing each update in individual files to be opened to my own convenience, but also by posting the most current blogs, it will prevent me from getting distracted by old ones, that have the ability to make me overlook the most up-to-date blogs.  Plenty of websites have I saved to my favorites that I couldn't find (probably due to failing hardware) or remember I saved it.  Having the news feed as a tool I am assured that the pages of my interest will not get lost or neglected; instead, they will be viewed as intended.  As a teacher I can use it to stay informed of  the latest information and discussions about policies, technology, lessons plans; etc., all in a more efficient manner.  As recently discovered, I know that my collection of blogs and website will only increase, demanding the need for order, as I receive recommendations.  Furthermore, by using the news feeds, I will be put into a position to establish a sense of community, as it will allow me to easily locate posts/ blogs to recommend to other teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment