Underneath it all

Underneath it all

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Thing 12

From the Google tools that were listed on "Thing 12" resources I chose iGoogle and Google alerts.  Since I already have a gmail account, it was easy to set up the alert.  I thought it would be interesting to get alerts of new information, specifically, responses to my blog as oppose to me checking my blogs with no certainty if comments have been made.  I checked out iGoogle, which was ok, in its features such as having various boxes according to your interest to keep you informed.  I like the idea, because I know I wouldn't overlook what is of interest if the page is in my view.  In the attempt to share the page with the public I found myself confused and unsure of what tool did the settings have an influence on.  I guess upon watching other demonstrations on how to use iGoogle, I could use it as a valuable tool for my students.  Students would use iGoogle to locate tools that they can utilize to elaborate ideas to improve comprehension, to conduct research, improve academically, or just to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment