Underneath it all

Underneath it all

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Thing 13: In the land of Zoho...

Having a Gmail account via Google, I have become familiar with Google Docs. Google Docs has templates to be filled, saved and shared with others. With the possibility of excessive amounts of documents being created and stored, Google Docs also provides a helpful search tool called "Preview." All a person has to do is check mark a document and click "preview," and a small image appears to the right. Every time a document is edited, a date appears next to the file, which also would be a great indicator to find a file of interest. Lastly, like Zoho, it provides the option for the creator of the document to provide access and/ or editing privileged to the creators choosing. Next to the file, along with last date of update, shows the persons that currently have access to that file. Creating a Zoho account was an ok experience. For starters, I felt as if the site was actually trying to hold me more accountable with my password. When I connected to the document file I was prompted to create a separate username and password, which no other website besides my online banking requires such protection. One features I am intrigued by is Zoho's "auto-typing," which anticipates what I am typing before I finish typing a word. Other than that it provides the same features that Google Docs offers: tools to organize various documents, options to convert document file types and the option to share. At first, I thought Zoho was the better option, because it provided the ability to post publish documents to a blog, etc. But a classmate pointed out to me, the very same feature in Google Docs. So for now, I will stick with what I already head, which is Google Docs via Gmail.

No comments:

Post a Comment